Wells City Council Election 2019
Wells is a special place which we want to make better by pressing for solutions to the following issues:
- Powers and resources passed to Mendip District Council years ago should be returned to Wells.
- More and more houses are being built without the necessary infrastructure such as doctors’ surgeries and public transport.
- Too many of our young people are moving away from Wells because they feel it offers them too little. They are our future and our city’s age profile is already high.
- Fun events like Wells May Fair are being suffocated by excessive bureaucracy.
- And traffic management and parking.
Wells Independents Candidates 2019
- Adrian I’Anson (Central Ward)
- Philip Welch (Central Ward)
- Stewart Cursley (St Cuthberts Ward)
- Andrew Fawcett (St Thomas Ward)
- Louis Agabani (St Thomas Ward)
Find out more about our candidates on our candidates page.
Which City Council Ward Do I Live In?
Wells is divided into three wards: Central (the city centre: polling station at the Connect Centre), St Thomas (north and east Wells: polling station at St Thomas Church Hall) and St Cuthberts (west Wells: polling station at Tramways).
People from each ward can only vote for the candidates standing in their area. Use the map below to find out which ward you live in, and find out more about the Wells Independents candidates standing in your ward on our candidates page.